Monday 27 October 2014

Scare fest ...

With Halloween fast approaching I thought why not talk about my top 5 favourite Halloween films!! 
Now, I am a sucker for thrillers and horrors but sometimes it's nice to watch some family friendly films! 

Number 1: Hocus Pocus 
I remember watching this when I was little, thinking it was the scariest film ever! Watching it back the other night I realise it is more comical than scary. I love the three witches, all of witch fit my childhood description of a witch!! Disney, once again have produced a cracker with this one! I would definitely recommend if you are in the mood for some nostalgia :) 

Number 2: Gremlins 
Apart from having a cute, fluffy furry thing Gremlins is a fantastic Halloween film! They did go on to produce a few more (possibly just one) films which I didn't find as funny but still I can't get enough of the first film! 
Without giving too much away this film teaches you a few lessons. 1. Always follow instructions 2. Just 'cause something is cute, it doesn't mean it's nice 3. Never feed furry creatures after midnight!! 

Number 3: The Shining 
I LOVE this film!! I probably watch it at least twice a year (sad I know) probably deemed one of the 'classic' thrillers The Shining is amazing! Suspense, thrill and creepy twins. What more could you want in a Halloween film? 
Obviously this is not for little ones, but if you fancy a good old scare then this film is perfect! Don't forget to listen out for the most famous line in the film .... "Here's Jonny

Number 4: Monster House 
This film is spooktacular ....!!! Brilliant to watch with your family this film provides comedy and Halloween all rolled up into one feature length. The idea of the film is brilliant - I won't give too much away, but much like Disney Pixars Up you will probably be left a little heart broken in parts!! 

Number 5: The Nightmare Before Christmas 
No Halloween film list would be complete without this!! Tim Burton does it again! I love the eeriness and Halloweenieness of this film, plus what's even more exciting is it gets me in the mood for Halloween AND Christmas !! YAY! 

I hope this has given you some Halloween film inspiration for the coming week ! I'd love to know your favourite Halloween films too :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment